I wish I could say that I remember what inspired this remarkable creation, but I can't. Probably because I wanted a salad and I wanted fried okra, so I figured why not combine them...well, WOW! I can only tell you that the unexpected combination of these traditional, simple ingredients creates a delightfully unique palate experience!
Change it up a little and surprise your family and guests with this out-of-the-ordinary, incredibly delectable salad...perfect for Autumn!
What An Intriguing Combination Of....
Serves about 2 as a meal or 3 to 4 as a side dish
The Naked Fried Okra
- Double my recipe for Crunchy Naked Southern Pan-Fried Okra ~ Guilt Free!
- 2 c. loosely-packed field greens salad blend (about 3 oz.)*
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB balsamic vinegar
- Prepare the fried okra according to the above linked recipe.
- Place the field greens in a bowl and add the fried okra.
- Whisk together the olive oil and vinegar and drizzle over the field greens and okra. Gently toss and immediately serve while warm.*
- Spring salad blend may be substituted for field greens salad blend.
- No need for additional salt and pepper for the salad, as it's already on the fried okra.
- If necessary, gently warm up the salad in the microwave in 30 second intervals on 30% power.
- This salad is also fabulous on toasted naan bread with or without feta or goat cheese.
Enjoy this marvelous, unconventional salad as a light Autumn lunch or as an accompaniment to an entree for dinner...it's certain to spur conversation!
Sounds great Bonnie as we love our okra and with warm days still with us I'm sure it would make for a great lunch for Kenny and I........ReplyDelete
Thanks Regina! Though it's past season for okra, frozen okra works really well in this recipe. As a warm salad, it makes a perfect Autumn salad, whether as an entree or side! Enjoy!Delete