I wish I could say that I remember what inspired this remarkable creation, but I can't. Probably because I wanted a salad and I wanted fried okra, so I figured why not combine them...well, WOW! I can only tell you that the unexpected combination of these traditional, simple ingredients creates a delightfully unique palate experience!
Change it up a little and surprise your family and guests with this out-of-the-ordinary, incredibly delectable salad...perfect for Autumn!
What An Intriguing Combination Of....
Serves about 2 as a meal or 3 to 4 as a side dish
The Naked Fried Okra
- Double my recipe for Crunchy Naked Southern Pan-Fried Okra ~ Guilt Free!
- 2 c. loosely-packed field greens salad blend (about 3 oz.)*
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB balsamic vinegar
- Prepare the fried okra according to the above linked recipe.
- Place the field greens in a bowl and add the fried okra.
- Whisk together the olive oil and vinegar and drizzle over the field greens and okra. Gently toss and immediately serve while warm.*
- Spring salad blend may be substituted for field greens salad blend.
- No need for additional salt and pepper for the salad, as it's already on the fried okra.
- If necessary, gently warm up the salad in the microwave in 30 second intervals on 30% power.
- This salad is also fabulous on toasted naan bread with or without feta or goat cheese.
Enjoy this marvelous, unconventional salad as a light Autumn lunch or as an accompaniment to an entree for dinner...it's certain to spur conversation!