This easy potato salad is another magazine inspiration of mine, and I adapted it from a Philadelphia Cooking Creme promotion. Their recipe called for Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (if you want to try that), but I really liked a dressing a neighbor gave me which was prepared with Good Seasons Garlic & Herb Salad Dressing Mix by Kraft. I chose to mix it with white wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil...yummy! (Kraft this, Kraft that, they just really need to pay me, huh?)
Summer Time And...
Serves about 10+
- 3 lbs. baby red potatoes, scrubbed, stems removed, and quartered
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. of dressing prepared from 1 pkg. Good Seasons Garlic & Herb Salad Dressing Mix(ed) with 1/4 c. white wine vinegar, 3 TB water & 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil (follow directions on the pkg. to mix & store)
- 1 tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia Reduced Fat Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme
- 1 TB sugar
- 3/4 c. (divided) shredded Parmesan & Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, washed and halved lengthwise
- 2 stalks (about 1 c.) celery, scrubbed & cut into about 1/2" wide, 1/4" thick slices
- Cover the potatoes with the water in a microwavable 2 1/2 qt. dish and microwave on high for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender. (I have a 1200 watt microwave; and my potatoes were perfect, with a little bite, after 12 minutes.)
- Drain the potatoes and immediately, while still warm (to assure better absorption), sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with the 1/4 c. of prepared dressing. Refrigerate 1 hour, or until cooled.
- Gently, but thoroughly, fold into the cooled potatoes the cooking creme, sugar, 1/2 c. of the cheese, tomatoes and celery.
- Pour the salad into a serving dish and garnish the top with the remaining 1/4 c. of cheese.
(Don't worry, they won't judge you for making such an easy dish, but they may want the recipe!)
* * * H A V E A H A P P Y F O U R T H ! * * *