This easy potato salad is another magazine inspiration of mine, and I adapted it from a Philadelphia Cooking Creme promotion. Their recipe called for Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (if you want to try that), but I really liked a dressing a neighbor gave me which was prepared with Good Seasons Garlic & Herb Salad Dressing Mix by Kraft. I chose to mix it with white wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil...yummy! (Kraft this, Kraft that, they just really need to pay me, huh?)
Summer Time And...
Serves about 10+
- 3 lbs. baby red potatoes, scrubbed, stems removed, and quartered
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. of dressing prepared from 1 pkg. Good Seasons Garlic & Herb Salad Dressing Mix(ed) with 1/4 c. white wine vinegar, 3 TB water & 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil (follow directions on the pkg. to mix & store)
- 1 tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia Reduced Fat Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme
- 1 TB sugar
- 3/4 c. (divided) shredded Parmesan & Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, washed and halved lengthwise
- 2 stalks (about 1 c.) celery, scrubbed & cut into about 1/2" wide, 1/4" thick slices
- Cover the potatoes with the water in a microwavable 2 1/2 qt. dish and microwave on high for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender. (I have a 1200 watt microwave; and my potatoes were perfect, with a little bite, after 12 minutes.)
- Drain the potatoes and immediately, while still warm (to assure better absorption), sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with the 1/4 c. of prepared dressing. Refrigerate 1 hour, or until cooled.
- Gently, but thoroughly, fold into the cooled potatoes the cooking creme, sugar, 1/2 c. of the cheese, tomatoes and celery.
- Pour the salad into a serving dish and garnish the top with the remaining 1/4 c. of cheese.
(Don't worry, they won't judge you for making such an easy dish, but they may want the recipe!)
* * * H A V E A H A P P Y F O U R T H ! * * *
UGh..did my comment post? I hadn't filled out the url yet, then accidentally clicked something and it poofed! In any event..LOVE this potato salad with it's cheesy, garlic and herb flavor! I'm a heavy duty 'cream' person myself!ReplyDelete
Hey Lisa! I often spend a lot of time leaving a thorough comment and lose it; probably because I hit the wrong button, or didn't hit the right button...most frustrating thing in the world! I always promise myself I'll copy my lengthy comment just in case this happens...but, of course, I don't always copy it; and that makes me even more frustrated!Delete
Thanks for your persistence in leaving your comment...glad to know you're a "cream" club member also! You always make me laugh!
You do the same for me :) As for the comment - it's a rule, we must always copy before clicking submit - highlight, control + v, because you know if it's a long comment, something is going to happen and you're going to lose it! lolDelete
I'm in the cream club, too :)ReplyDelete
Oh boy, looks like this closet club is opening up!Delete
Sounds yummy, and it's so easy to make too. Love potato salad with these pretty grape tomatoes, we will have lots of cherry tomatoes soon, and should give it a go. Thanks for a great idea!ReplyDelete
Now this is my kind of potato salad! And I remember loving Good Seasons salad dressings growing up...so I think I need to get a stash for my pantry :) Hope you have a fabulous weekend and holdiay, Bonnie~ReplyDelete
Smile. I love cream too. And I love an easy potato salad! Thank you for sharing, and thank you for your words, your encouragement, and your prayers. I hope you are having a restful and peaceful Sunday. Love and hugs!ReplyDelete
I love cream cheese, adore it! An easy potaot salad is perfect for the busy days of summer, thank you for sharing!ReplyDelete
Happy 4th Bonnie! Your potato salad looks delicious...it's a must have salad for today's holiday ;-)ReplyDelete