Guys, this snack is so easy, it's almost embarrassing, but you and yours are going to find it absolutely scrumptious!
The kids will find these apple slices a delectable, fun project to help you prepare, and you'll love how healthy and uncomplicated they are!
A Perfect Little Sweet Bite...
And Guilt Free!
- Your favorite apple(s)*, cleaned and cored (leave peel on), sliced into about 1/4" slices
- Cinnamon and granulated white sugar mixture (I use 5 tsp. cinnamon to 1 c. of sugar*)
- Preheat Oven to 225º.
- Line a baking sheet or broiler pan with foil.
- Distribute sliced apples in one layer on the foil and sprinkle with about 1/4-1/2 tsp. of the cinnamon and sugar mixture per apple slice.
- Bake about two hours.*
- I used Fuji apples. Two medium apples filled the broiler pan to my toaster oven.
- Keep extra cinnamon and sugar in a closed container...use for cinnamon toast, etc.
- Bake until the apple slices are almost dry (they will shrivel). I baked mine for about 2 hrs. (You can experiment with how long to bake to achieve the texture you like.)
- I stored my slices in a glass container with a glass lid and they kept well for about a week.