One of my adaptations is toasting the spices a little along with the rice before adding the liquids, making this fabulous rice even more flavorsome! It's a real family pleaser and would go well with so many entrees. We enjoyed it that night with fajitas.
It's Sooo Good...
May I Have Some More, Please!
As adapted from the recipe for Easy Mexican Rice by seededatthetable.com
Serves approx. 4-6
- 2 TB vegetable or canola oil
- 1 c. uncooked premium long-grain white rice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 c. chicken stock or broth
- 8 oz. can premium tomato sauce (I like Hunts)
- Heat the oil in an approx. 2 to 2 1/2 qt. saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the rice and cook for about 1 min., then add the seasoning and cook about l more min., stirring often throughout this process.
- Add the chicken stock or broth and tomato sauce and bring to a rapid boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover with a lid and turn the heat to simmer-low, then cook for 25 min. (Do not remove the lid while cooking.)
- Remove the lid and let stand 2-3 min., then fluff with a fork.
Post a Comment