These savory, buttery and crunchy croutons are ideal for your holiday salad, soup or casserole toppings, or in your stuffing. They make such a great snack, it's difficult not to eat them all before using in your recipes!
Hey, Save Some...
For My Thanksgiving Dish!
Approx. 2 cups croutons
- 2 cups of bread cubes cut into about 1/2" pieces from about 12 slices of bread (I used a hearty butter bread)
- approx. 2 to 4 TB avocado oil
- Everything bagel seasoning
- 1/4 c. melted salted butter
- Approx. 2 tsp. fine grain pink salt*
- Preheat the oven to 250º-300º.
- Spread the bread cubes onto a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with the avocado oil.
- Sprinkle liberally with the everything bagel seasoning.
- Toast the cubes about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden brown...then drizzle with the melted butter and stir.
- Sprinkle the cubes with about 2 tsp.,* or to taste, of the fine grain pink salt and stir again.
- Store in an air-tight tin can.