For those times you're craving cinnamon rolls, but want quick and easy without the high calorie count...
This Is How I Roll...
Cinnamon Rolls Couldn't Get Any Easier!
Approx. 10 servings
- 10 Slices of a thick, premium white bread (I used a butter bread), crusts trimmed*
- Approx. 1/2 c. plus 2 TB Trader Joe's Cinnamon Bun Spread
- 1/2 c. powdered Sugar
- 1/2 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 TB corn syrup
- 1/4 c. milk, divided*
- 1/4 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Approx. 1/3 c. finely chopped, toasted walnuts or pecans*
- See my Chocolate Bliss Bites for my current favorite way to toast nuts.
- Save the bread crusts for croutons...I have a scrumptious recipe coming up for them!
- As this cinnamon bun spread is so sweet, I feel it is best used on something plain...that's why I developed the cinnamon rolls recipe using plain white bread.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread on a cutting board.
- Spread each slice with 1 TB of the cinnamon bun spread.
- Tightly, but carefully, roll each slice of the bread and set aside, seam down, on a plate, grid or parchment paper. (For a dramatic presentation, use the plate you plan on serving the rolls so the glaze can pool onto the plate as you drizzle it.)
- Leave the rolls whole or carefully slice into about 1/2" slices with a sharp knife and serve flat side up on a plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 TB of the milk with the corn syrup, vanilla and cream cheese.
- Add the powdered sugar along with the rest of the milk and gently whisk to combine. Then vigorously whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts or pecans
A wonderful project to do with the kids, enjoy these delightful rolls as a fab party finger dessert, or just for breakfast or a snack!