This is the go-to salad for most entrees and her husband's absolute favorite! I know you and yours will love this toothsome salad as much as we do! It also makes a wonderful light meal with cooked shredded or sliced meat, shrimp or salmon.
So Refreshing and Crunchy Good...
You Don't Have To Tell Them How Healthy It Is!
Ingredients (Use the amount of each as desired)
- Romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves, cleaned, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- Carrot, cleaned, peeled and thinly shredded (we use a potato peeler to shred)
- Grape tomatoes, cleaned and halved lengthwise (or sliced tomato cut into bite-size pieces)
- Celery stalk, cleaned and very thinly sliced
- English (or seedless) cucumber, cleaned, thinly sliced and cut into halves or quarters
- Greek dressing* or marinade (we use bottled)
- Ground* or finely shredded premium Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper*
- Marinate all the vegetables but the lettuce any time the day you plan on eating the salad, but at least 30 minutes before you toss it.
- Just before you serve the salad, mix the marinated vegetables and cheese with the lettuce, add the salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- We like Farmer Boy Restaurant Lite Greek Dressing (available in some grocery stores or online).
- You can use a coffee grinder to grind the cheese.
- If you like, let the diners add their own salt and pepper.
- Add cooked sliced or shredded meat, shrimp or salmon for an entree.
This savory salad makes a wonderful take-along dish...after you arrive, just add the marinated vegetables and cheese to the lettuce along with the salt and pepper* and toss. Enjoy!
Post a Comment