Satisfying without being heavy, this pizza is so easy, it can be enjoyed when you need something in a hurry. It's delicious warm pizza style or cold folded into a wrap. I love either with sliced grape tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes. The spicy piquancy of the blue cheese and the slight tanginess of the creamy goat cheese offer an intriquing combination of flavors.
- 1/ea. approx. 4.4 oz prepackaged whole-grain tandoori naan bread
- Approx. 1/2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- Approx. 2 c. washed and dried arugula leaves
- Approx. 3 TB crumbled goat cheese...ideally from a log of creamy goat cheese
- Approx. 2 TB crumbled blue cheese
- 2 slices crisply cooked bacon (I used turkey bacon), crumbled into medium-sized pieces
- Approx. 1/2 c. washed and sliced lengthwise grape tomatoes, or about 3 TB medium diced sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar Glaze to taste...I used Trader Giotto's from Trader Joe's
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Spray (ideally) or sprinkle the naan bread lightly with water and place directly onto the oven rack. (I used the lower rack of a toaster oven.)
- Bake approx. 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and place onto a cutting board or pizza paddle.
- Brush lightly with the olive oil.
- Distribute the arugula over the naan and sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Scatter the crumbled bacon and sliced grape tomatoes, or diced sun-dried tomatoes, over the arugula.
- Sprinkle the salad topping with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar glaze.
- Enjoy warm pizza style or cold folded into a wrap.
Enjoy as a quick, light lunch or dinner, or even as a snack. Sliced into smaller pieces, this pizza would make a terrific appetizer!
*(P. S. Also, see my guilt-free Baked Whole Grain Apple Doughnuts!)
This is soooo delicious! Loved it. Plus, it's perfect now in the summer that one needs lighter, easier to make meals. KUDOS!ReplyDelete
Truly appreciate your very kind comment! I'm so happy you loved this pizza...it does especially make a good summer meal! Enjoy!Delete