Satisfying without being heavy, this pizza is so easy, it can be enjoyed when you need something in a hurry. It's delicious warm pizza style or cold folded into a wrap. I love either with sliced grape tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes. The spicy piquancy of the blue cheese and the slight tanginess of the creamy goat cheese offer an intriquing combination of flavors.
- 1/ea. approx. 4.4 oz prepackaged whole-grain tandoori naan bread
- Approx. 1/2 TB extra virgin olive oil
- Approx. 2 c. washed and dried arugula leaves
- Approx. 3 TB crumbled goat cheese...ideally from a log of creamy goat cheese
- Approx. 2 TB crumbled blue cheese
- 2 slices crisply cooked bacon (I used turkey bacon), crumbled into medium-sized pieces
- Approx. 1/2 c. washed and sliced lengthwise grape tomatoes, or about 3 TB medium diced sun-dried tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar Glaze to taste...I used Trader Giotto's from Trader Joe's
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Spray (ideally) or sprinkle the naan bread lightly with water and place directly onto the oven rack. (I used the lower rack of a toaster oven.)
- Bake approx. 2 minutes. Remove from the oven and place onto a cutting board or pizza paddle.
- Brush lightly with the olive oil.
- Distribute the arugula over the naan and sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Scatter the crumbled bacon and sliced grape tomatoes, or diced sun-dried tomatoes, over the arugula.
- Sprinkle the salad topping with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar glaze.
- Enjoy warm pizza style or cold folded into a wrap.
Enjoy as a quick, light lunch or dinner, or even as a snack. Sliced into smaller pieces, this pizza would make a terrific appetizer!
*(P. S. Also, see my guilt-free Baked Whole Grain Apple Doughnuts!)