You'll also enjoy this incredibly easy and healthy salad as a wonderful take-along dish. Pack it up for your next tailgate: simply prep the night before, toss in the lettuce and top with the crispy wonton strips right before you serve...then enjoy the party!
as adapted from Publix Aprons Meals' Tomato-Snap Salad
Serves approx. 4-6
- 2 large or 4 small tomatoes (I prefer Campari tomatoes for this recipe.) - cleaned & cut into about 1" pieces or wedges
- 8 oz. fresh sugar snap peas - cleaned, strung and snapped into about 1" pieces
- 1/4 c. washed and thinly sliced green onions (approx. 2 full small stalks)
- 1/4 c. light Asian sesame dressing
- approx. 6.5 oz. bag sweet butter lettuce
- 1 c. crispy wonton strips (I used Harvest 2000 garlic-ginger salad toppers.)
- Up to a day ahead, toss the tomatoes, sugar snap peas and onions with the dressing and refrigerate.
- Right before you serve, add the lettuce and sprinkle with the wonton strips.