These trail mix cookies are absolutely delicious...crunchy and loaded with a variety of wonderful ingredients, no two cookies are alike. On the healthy side, they make a fantastic satisfying breakfast-on-the-run, or just a wonderful snack with your coffee...the kids will love them with milk!
Attenion All Dunkers...
Approx. 38 large cookies
- 1 c. packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated white sugar
- 3/4 c. butter, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 c. old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c. unsifted all-purposed flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 c. of your favorite trail mix...I used Target's Archer Farms brand A Handful of Everything Trail Mix (love it!)
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Line a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the sugars and butter well and scrape the bowl.
- Add the water, egg and vanilla and mix well; scrape the bowl again.
- In a separate bowl, using a whisk or fork, combine thoroughly the oats, flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add the trail mix to the dry mixture and stir well with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Incorporate fully the mixture of dry ingredients and trail mix into the wet mixture...you can use a heavy-duty mixer on a low speed (for about 1 minute).
- Drop, packed and leveled, ice cream scoops of batter about two inches apart onto the parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake approximately 16 minutes or until light-golden brown.
- Let the cookies rest on the pans for about one minute. Carefully slide the whole sheets of parchment paper with the cookies onto racks to cool. These cookies store well for a couple of weeks (do you really have that kind of self-control?) in an air-tight container...preferably a tin can to keep crispy.