You'll find this delectable balsamic marinated chicken and veggies a marvelous easy one-pan weeknight dinner that your whole family will enjoy!
This Is Great...
Serves approx. 4-5
- 6 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c. zesty Italian dressing*
- 2 1/2 - 3 lb. chicken tenderloins*
- l lb fresh, cleaned broccoli, cut into about 1-1 1/2" pieces
- 3 c. baby carrots, cut in half
- 2/3 pint grape (or cherry) tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3-4 TB avocado (or olive) oil
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Seasoned salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Fresh, cleaned, chopped parsley
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and zesty Italian dressing.
- Trim fat and undesired parts from the tenderloins.
- Pour 1/3 c. of the balsamic mixture into a gallon-sized plastic bag and add the tenderloins. Close the bag and press around to coat the chicken. (I place the bag in a container or bowl in case the bag leaks.) Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes up to 6 hours.
- Preheat Oven to 400º.
- To avoid the marinade sticking to the pan, spray a large non-stick sheet pan with sides with the cooking spray. (If your pan is not a non-stick pan, line with foil and then spray with the non-stick cooking spray.)
- Toss the vegetables with the Italian seasoning, oil, garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- Scatter the carrots onto the prepared pan and roast about 10 minutes. *Add the broccoli and roast another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the tomatoes.* Divide the veggies in half and spread on each side of the pan.
- Remove the chicken tenderloins from the bag, discarding the marinade, and add the chicken to the center of the pan. Brush 1/3 c. of the balsamic Italian mixture over the chicken and reserve the rest for serving on the side.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for another 7-20 minutes, depending upon the size of the chicken. Monitor carefully to avoid overcooking the chicken.
- Remove from the oven, place on a platter and garnish with the parsley (optional). Gently warm the remaining balsamic Italian mixture and serve on the side.
- Chelsea said fat-free dressing is great...I used regular.
- She advised that you can substitute chicken tenderloins with breasts cut into small 1/4"-1/2" thick pieces.
- Add the tomatoes along with the broccoli, if you would like them a little more roasted.
- Good served over rice. (Chelsea said also good served over quinoa.)
So, there you have it...a healthy, easy and delicious dinner you can shop for and prepare all in the same day! Enjoy!