Versatile and easy, you'll never have to think twice about what your side dish will be with these fantastic blistered green beans and golden mushrooms in your repertoire!
Serves approx. 2-3
- Approx. 2-3 TB extra virgin olive oil, divided*
- Approx. 1 TB salted butter
- Approx. 4 oz. fresh, cleaned and sliced button mushrooms (or 6 oz. canned, drained), optional
- 8 oz. Whole, fresh or frozen, haricot verts (extra fine green beans), cleaned*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. minced fresh (or jarred) garlic, optional
- Add 2 TB of the oil* and 1 TB butter to a medium sauté pan and heat over (or just below) medium heat until hot.
- Add the mushrooms and heat, turning frequently, until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the haricot verts (or green beans) to the pan with about 1 TB* more of the oil, if needed. Heat until slightly blistered, turning frequently.* Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Add the mushrooms back to the pan and sprinkle with a little more salt, to taste.
- Add the garlic and heat all the ingredients through.
- Serve immediately (or keep in a warm oven on low heat until ready to enjoy).
- You can substitute string or snap green beans, if you like.
- If some of the beans blister earlier than the others, remove from the pan and set aside...add back to the pan at the end, along with the garlic.