These delectables are easily made with a panini press. I'm sure other grill presses would work well too.
I experimented with some different kinds of cheese. Of the three types of cheese I tried, the Parmesan and Mozzarella were the favored ones. The Parmesan crisps, naturally, have a delightful tangy flavor and the Mozzarella crisps have a more mellow flavor. I also tried mixed Colby and Jack cheeses, and they were good. Enjoy these crunchy bites as an appetizer, soup or salad topper or simply as a snack!
I'm curious what type(s) of cheese you would try to make these crisps?
Just Off The Press....
Crunchy and Cheesy...They Won't Last Long!
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, or shredded Mozzarella cheese, or cheese of your choice
- Preheat the panini press on max heat.
- Drop tablespoon mounds of the shredded cheese onto the grill of the press, about two inches apart. Close the lid to the press and cook for about 2 minutes.
- The crisps should easily be removed from the grill with a plastic or silicone spatula. If they are sticking to the grill, they are not ready to be removed...just close the press and let them cook a little longer.
- The crisps will have irregular, rustic shapes. Set aside on a plate to cool a little before serving. If making ahead, store in an air-tight container.
Grab your panini press and start pressing out some of the most scrumptious, cheesy bites you'll ever enjoy. Just try not to devour all them as they come off the press!