I developed this recipe as an accompaniment to a wonderful dish which I plan on posting soon. In the meantime, I know you'll find these versatile and beloved potatoes a gratifying side for many entrees.
So Delicious and Satisfying...
This Could Easily Be My Lunch!
Serves approx. 4
- 1 1/2 lbs. medium-size Yukon gold potatoes, cleaned and quartered (do not peel)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 14 oz. can or 1 3/4 c. chicken broth or stock
- 1 1/2 TB salted butter
- Parsley or rosemary stem for garnish
- Place potato slices in a medium-size deep skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the chicken broth or stock over the potatoes, add the butter, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and cook the potatoes until almost tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow the broth or stock to evaporate, approximately 10-12 minutes more.
- Brown the potato quarters on all sides, about 5 additional minutes. If needed, add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a platter or in a bowl and garnish with a parsley or rosemary stem.
- Leftovers may be reheated in a 400º oven in a shallow pan (lined with foil and sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray) for about 10 minutes, or until hot.