It's What's Inside That Counts!
This rich cookie has a delightful surprise of another cookie tucked inside!
(As adapted from a recipe by Paula Dean as seen on the Food Network)
Approx. 10+ Extra Large Cookies
- One 16.5 oz. roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Dark chocolate-coated sponge cookie with raspberry fruit filling (or similar small pre-packaged cookie)*
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Approx. 1/4 c. sliced almonds (or chopped nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Slice cookie dough into approx. 1/4" slices.
- For the first layer, on a cookie pan lined with parchment paper, place slices of cookie dough approx. 4" apart. (The cookies will spread quite a bit).
- For the second layer, place the chocolate-coated raspberry cookie on top of the first layer of sliced cookie dough; and for the third layer, cover the raspberry cookie with another slice of cookie dough.
- Brush the top layer of dough with the slightly beaten egg.
- Sprinkle the top of each cookie with the sliced almonds (or chopped nuts).
- Bake approximately 16+ minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Watch closely! Enjoy sharing the love and have a Happy Valentine's!
This is What Love is All About!
On February 13th, 2011, Happy 2nd Birthday Grandson!