These fun and easy chocolate spoons are especially good for last minute gifts, and they would make welcomed hostess gifts on New Year's!
As inspired by Publix Familystyle magazine
Coats approx. 30 spoons
- 2 c. dark chocolate morsels
- 1/2 c. white chocolate morsels
- 1 peppermint stick, crushed (optional)
- 30 heavy-duty plastic spoons
- Cellophane sleeves and twist ties (or narrow ribbon)
- Gift bags or containers (and ribbon, if desired)
- In a small glass bowl, melt the dark chocolate morsels in the microwave on 50% power for 45 seconds. Pour about 1/2" of boiling water into a stainless steel or glass bowl and set the glass bowl with the microwaved chocolate into it (avoid getting water into the chocolate). Stir vigorously until the chocolate is melted.
- Immediately dip the bowl of each spoon into the melted chocolate and coat well.
- As each spoon is coated, lay onto a 15"x10"x1" baking pan lined with parchment or waxed paper. Let set at room temperature.
- Melt the white chocolate morsels the same way as you melted the dark chocolate. Drizzle over the dark chocolate on the spoons.
- On a few spoons, sprinkle the crushed peppermint over the white chocolate and slightly press into the white chocolate.
- Let set at room temperature.
- After the chocolate has completely set, bag the spoons into the cellophane sleeves (trimmed if necessary) and tie with the twist ties or ribbon.
- Place the desired number of spoons into each of your gift bags or containers and decorate with additional ribbon if desired.
Get crafty...coat the spoons with white chocolate and drizzle with dark chocolate. Or, sprinkle the chocolate-coated spoons with chocolate chips in lieu of crushed peppermint. Experiment and Enjoy stirring things up a bit with these delightful chocolate-coated spoons!
Have a Very Sweet New Year's!