And, my dear sweet-craving friend, here it is...your very own scrumptious quick and easy apple crisp!
And Ever So Scrumptious!
- One small-medium apple of your choice (I had Gala), cleaned, cored (unpeeled) and cut into about 1/2" slices
- 2 TB light or dark brown sugar (I used light), packed tightly
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 TB your favorite granola (Trader Joe's Low Fat Mixed Berry Granola Cereal worked great!)
- 2 TB medium chopped walnuts or pecans (I had walnuts)
- Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together with a fork and sprinkle over the sliced apple in a microwave-safe small bowl.
- Top with the granola and chopped nuts, cover with wax or parchment paper and microwave 2 minutes on high.
- Enjoy warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream (as shown in the photo above).
Now, sit back and indulge in your very own warm, comforting and scrumptious dessert!
Post a Comment