I know you and yours will love this easy, dependable and delightful version of traditional cranberry sauce as much as we do!
Shake It Up Baby...
With A Little Twist!
Serves approx. 12 or more
- 2 c. cool or room temperature water
- 2 c. granulated white sugar
- 2/ea. 12 oz. packages fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed under cool water
- Zest from 2 large tangerines (or 2 medium oranges)
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil over medium-low to medium heat in a 3 to 4 qt. saucepan.
- Add the cranberries and zest.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle boil and cook for 10-13 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has slightly begun to thicken. It will thicken upon standing (and more once refrigerated).
- Pour into a glass bowl and cool at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.*
- Will keep in the fridge for a month or more. (I like to store extra in a glass canning jar.)
- If you want a special presentation, serve the sauce in hollowed out orange cups. My son always loved it when I served it this way!
Put a little twist on traditional cranberry sauce with this easy and marvelous version of a must accompaniment to many holiday entrees!
Hope you and yours Enjoy A Very Happy Holiday Season!
Thank you,Ruxana! It is so wonderful...enjoy!Delete
Been looking for a new cranberry recipe, this sounds perfect, thank you!
So glad you like this recipe, Leigh! Impressive, yet so simple to make and delightful! Enjoy and Happy Holidays!Delete