Easy enough for kids to make, this is a great way to get them involved in their own snacks and away from the electronic devices! Best to keep these delectable bars in the back of the fridge, as they are just too tempting (for all ages)!
Okay, That's My Bite...
They're Just Too Irresistible!
Serves approx. 24
- 1 1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. Nutella
- 3/4 c. salted butter, room temperature
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 10 chocolate graham cracker squares (5 sheets), finely crumbled*
- 2 c. milk chocolate morsels
- With an electric mixer, cream together well the peanut butter, Nutella and butter.
- Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Mix in the graham cracker crumbs and beat until well blended and moist.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a 9" x 13" (3 qt.) glass baking dish. Set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwavable bowl for 45 seconds on high. Stir until completely melted and shiny.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.
- Let the bars come to room temperature a little for easier cutting. Using a large sharp knife, cut into squares or rectangles, remove with a spatula and serve.*
- Keep in the refrigerator. Leftovers are good approximately a week.
- For the graham cracker crumbs: Place the crackers into a gallon-size plastic food storage bag and crush with a rolling pin or the flat side of a mallet.
- These bars are easier to slice and remove from the baking dish if you first dip the knife and spatula into a little warm water. (I considered using dark chocolate for the glaze. However, since the milk chocolate topping becomes a little hard from the refrigerator; I wasn't sure how well the dark chocolate would slice.)
- As these treats are a little sticky, it is ideal (and attractive) to serve them in cupcake papers.
Post a Comment