I make it with prepackaged deli turkey and my daughter's amazing pimento cheese from Paula Deen's recipe!
Oh, Just Look At That Gooey Melted Cheese...
Not Sure I Can Wait For It To Cool!
- 2 Slices of a nice, hearty seeded bakery (or fresh) bread
- Several folded thin slices of deli turkey (I use approx. 6-7 slices of prepackaged, smoked deli turkey)
- Approx. 4-6 TB pimento cheese (I use my daughter's pimento cheese made from Paula Deen's recipe)*
- Paula Deen's recipe calls for her house seasoning, plus salt and pepper. My daughter just uses kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and garlic powder to taste, without adding Paula's house seasoning.
- Preheat panini press on maximum heat.
- Spread both slices of bread with a generous amount of pimento cheese (approx. 2-3 TB per slice).
- Place several folded deli turkey slices on top of one of the slices of bread spread with the pimento cheese and top with the other slice of bread with pimento cheese.
- Place the sandwich on the center of the grill of the panini press. Close the press, pushing down on the panini and grill until the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the panini to a serving plate and let cool a little.
- Slice the sandwich and serve with a side of fresh fruit, salad or chips!
Sorry, You'll Have To Make Your Own! :)
You can't beat this scrumptious panini for a quick, satisfying meal. I love to eat it with cold, seeded grapes or mixed fresh fruit, like the cantaloupe and strawberries in the above photo. Enjoy!