I just can't stop myself! This is another recipe I've created using a Philadelphia Cooking Creme (see my Easy, Breezy Potato Salad with Baby Reds, incorporating a cooking creme, and my White Chocolate Frosting, utilizing a white chocolate cream cheese spread).
Go Ahead, Play with Your Food...
And Color A Summer Salad!
Approximately 12 servings
- 4 1/4 c. uncooked bowtie (farfalle) pasta
- 12 oz. fresh asparagus spears (washed & woody stems removed)
- 1 1/4 c.--approx. 1 large--red bell pepper (cleaned, cored & seeded), cut into about 1 1/4" long & 1/4" wide pieces
- 1 1/4 c.--approx. 1 large--orange (or yellow--I used orange) bell pepper (cleaned, cored & seeded), cut into about 1 1/4" long & 1/4" wide pieces
- 1 1/4 c. cleaned grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 c.--approx. 2 1/4 small stalks--cleaned green onions, thinly sliced (green tops & all)
- 1/3 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 tsp. salt (plus about 1 tsp. salt* to 4 quarts pasta water)
- 1 c. Parmesan & Romano--or Parmesan--cheese (divided)**
- 1 tub (10 oz) Philadelphia Savory Lemon & Herb Cooking Creme
- Add about 1 tsp. salt* to cooking water and cook pasta according to package directions, or until al dente (about 11 min.'s). Drain immediately. Rinse with cold water and drain again. Set aside.
- For the asparagus: Add whole spears to boiling water and cook uncovered about 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain immediately. Rinse with cold water and drain again. Cut into about 1 1/4" pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the bell peppers, tomatoes, green onions, black pepper, 2/3 tsp. salt and 2/3 c. of the cheese**.
- Add the pasta and asparagus to the bell pepper mixture and gently toss together. Carefully fold in the cooking creme.
- Chill at least one hour before serving. Garnish with the remaining 1/3 c. of cheese**.
Complement your grilled entrees with this refreshing summer salad. Or, add shrimp, chicken, tuna or salmon to this versatile salad and enjoy a one-dish, easy meal!