Make this as your next take-along dish, and they'll be sure to ask you to bring it to future potlucks!
As adapted from allrecipes.com Wild Rice and Turkey Casserole
- 1/ea. 6 oz. pkg. long grain & wild rice mix (I used Uncle Ben's)
- 3 1/4 c. water (divided)
- 1 TB butter
- 3 c. cooked turkey, cut into cubes
- 1/ea. 10.75 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 c. chopped celery (about 4 cleaned and trimmed stalks)
- 1/ea. 5 oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 c. chopped onion (frozen is fine)
- 3 TB soy sauce
- 4 oz. (about 1 sleeve) butter or whole wheat crackers, crushed*
- Non-stick cooking spray
Spread the crackers flat in a gallon-size food storage bag and crush with the side of a mallet or rolling pin.
Let's Just Pull Out The TV Trays and...
And Cozy Up On The Sofa!
- Bring 2 1/4 c. water, the rice mix (with the seasoning pack) and butter to a boil in a covered medium saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 30+ minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl, mix well the turkey, soup, celery, remaining 1 c. water, water chestnuts, onion and soy sauce with the cooked rice.
- Spray a 2 qt. oblong baking dish with the non-stick cooking spray. Spread the turkey mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle the crushed crackers evenly over the top.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 40 minutes (cover with foil after 30 minutes to avoid over browning). Let cool about 15 minutes before serving.