So Good and So Good For You...
It's All In The Prep!
Approx. 2-3 large servings
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TB water
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 c. diced red onion (about 1/2 onion)
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. fresh, baby portobello mushrooms, cleaned* and sliced
- 2/3 c. cleaned & diced tomato on the vine (about 1 medium tomato)
- 2 slices crumbled, cooked bacon (I use turkey bacon)
- 1/4 c. low-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Clean the mushrooms by wiping with a damp paper towel or dry mushroom brush--do not wash.
- In a large frying pan, saute the garlic and onion in the olive oil and water over medium heat until tender.
- Add the baby portobello slices and tomato and simmer over medium heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the burner off and stir in the bacon, feta cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve warm. Leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated on the stove over medium-low heat.
If you've got some hungry diners, they'll enjoy it so much, you just might want to double the recipe!
Thought you might enjoy this update of my, now 14 and 1/2 mo. old, granddaughter with her dad (my son-in-law). Her mom likes to plant a bow on a sprig of what they refer to as her Conan O'Brien hair!
Loving That Wind Against My Face!
Happy Fall Y'All!